Anyone who has ever tried to upload a photo to Instagram from a web page using a browser knows that you can’t just do it that way. It’s done with the help of:
- browser tools;
- extensions for Chrome (two examples);
- Creator Studio via Facebook;
- Instagram promotion service;
- Android and iOS emulator on PC;
- online services;
- delayed posting service;
- applications from Microsoft’s website (two examples).
Let’s look at each of them below.
With the help of handy tools of the browser.
This method is suitable for those who want to upload rarely and little. To start uploading a photo:
- Log in to Instagram through the browser on your computer.
- Press F12 (or Shift+Ctrl+I, or right-click anywhere on the page, then “Explore Item”).
- In the window that appears, click the phone icon.
The icon is called the Toggle device toolbar.
- Refresh the page.
Using extensions for Chrome
If you have the Chrome browser in your arsenal, you can use extensions designed to publish photos to Instagram. There are a lot of them, but most of them work crookedly or don’t work at all.
Consider Upload photo to Instagram.
After downloading, go to Extensions and enable the downloaded one.
Of course, with this method of uploading photos, we’re not talking about filters or any complicated settings. You will only be able to add an image, make a caption and mark people in the photo if necessary.
Another extension is App Phone for Instagram.
Install the extension in the same way as the previous one.
After you click the extension icon, a new tab opens with a picture of your smartphone. Add a photo from your computer as if you were using a smartphone
With Creator Studio
The official service from Facebook. All the work happens in a browser, after logging in you can add and delete photos, set up delayed posting and see page statistics.
After logging in to Creator Studio and creating your Page, connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Page by clicking on the Instagram icon.
Follow the instructions and enter the Login and Password of the desired Instagram account and confirm the Facebook account binding from your smartphone. Subsequently, you will be able to switch between Instagram and Facebook via these two icons at the top.
In the window that opens, add a picture via the “Create a post” button, add text and post
Features of the service:
- you’ll have to authorize through Facebook, create a page and link your Instagram and Facebook accounts to each other;
- it works only with business accounts and Author accounts;
- you can’t post Stories;
- there are additional limitations due to Instagram access rights.
You can switch to an Author account as follows.
Winsta is an unofficial Instagram client for Windows 10.
In the app you will be able to add an image, edit its size and make a description for the post.