Instagram has become stricter about fake accounts, cheating and other violations of social network rules. Sometimes quite ordinary accounts fall under the distribution.
In the article, we will tell you why Instagram is banned, what types of blocking are there, how to avoid being banned, and what to do if your account is still blocked.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Read also: How to promote an Instagram account
Types of locks
This is a temporary restriction on some actions. It is given for non-serious violations, for example, exceeding subscription limits. The account itself is not deleted. But if violations are repeated, you can get an eternal ban. Temporary blocking is divided into:
- Blocking all actions – you can not perform any actions in your account for a certain time. That is, you cannot subscribe, comment, like, and even post posts.
- Blocking specific actions – you cannot do something specific, for example, there may be a restriction only on commenting, only on subscriptions, and so on
- Need to change your password – it is impossible to log into your account using the old password. You need to come up with a new password and then you can go to your profile. Sometimes this type of blocking is the same as blocking for actions.
Actions can be blocked for one of these periods: 3 hours, 7 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, 7 days, 21 days. The more violations, the longer the blocking.
Permanent blocking means the complete deletion of the account. It is difficult to restore it, but it is possible. Such a ban is given for serious violations, for example, if you are suspected of spam or cheating. Or after several temporary blocks. When trying to find the page, a third party will see the message “Sorry, this page is not available.”
You will be given to understand that you broke the rules.
This is a sharp drop in post views. Superimposed on the entire account. Posts are no longer featured and displayed by hashtags. And officially there is no ban or warning. The reasons for the shadow ban are different – complaints about your account, spam with hashtags, too frequent post editing, and more.
It is interesting:
Sometimes it happens that you have not violated any rules, and the account is still blocked. What could be the reason?
- In phone. It may be just a glitch in the phone, it happens extremely rarely, it can be solved simply – try to log into your account from the phone of a relative or friend. If it turned out and the reason is this, reinstall the application.
- At the provider. The IP address could be blacklisted by Instagram algorithms. Try disconnecting from your home network and accessing the mobile internet. If it works, you will need to replace the problem IP.
- Account theft. Perhaps the account fell into the hands of intruders. You need to change your password.
- Updating Instagram. The social network periodically updates its algorithms, and during this period ordinary accounts may fall under the distribution. Just wait a while and all restrictions will be removed from you.
Why you can get banned on Instagram in 2020
We figure out why Instagram is banned.
Cheats and mass activities
Instagram updated its algorithms in mid-2019 and now differentiates manual surfing even better from using automated services. When the social network algorithm realizes that the account is managed by a program, and not by a person, it blocks the account for all actions. We do not recommend using active mass following and massliking – Instagram considers the sharply increased activity to be suspicious, so proceed carefully.
You cannot often change the geo and IP of the same account – you cannot be in several places at the same time. Also, do not use purchased accounts, register manually. And, of course, do not forget about the time intervals (time-outs) between actions. The average user clearly won’t like every second or subscribe every 20 seconds.
Exceeding the limits
You need to comply with the limits, regardless of whether you manually promote your account or use programs. The main limit for 2020 is no more than 5,000 subscriptions per month. As for the rest of the actions, promotion services usually post recommendations on the number of unsubscriptions, likes, comments, etc.
Repetitive actions can be considered spam, for example, the same comments or hashtags, a large number of people tagging posts, automatic direct messages or comments to a photo.
Everything is clear here – nudity, pornography, weapons, drugs, incitement to hatred, publications that offend someone’s feelings or violate the law, and so on. Such content is not accepted by most social networks.
What else is banned for:
- Complaints from copyright holders
- Placement of other people’s photos or photo documents
- The same image from different accounts
- Post multiple images per minute
- Creating accounts using automated services – we do everything with handles
- Using the Instagram logo in your posts
- Copying accounts
- Frequent change of account status from public to private and back
- Simultaneous use of multiple IP addresses through services
- Frequent post editing
- Accounts with memes (and vines – but that’s not certain)
A complete list of Instagram terms and conditions can be found on the official website of the social network.
Topic article: How to enable two-factor authentication on Instagram
How to avoid blocking
- do not use prohibited methods of promotion;
- use proxies for services (preferably mobile);
- set a random interval of actions in services so that the social network thinks that these are real people. For example, not every 20 seconds on a like, but like / subscribing through a random number of seconds within 1 minute. Most services have this feature;
- do not go beyond the limits;
- do not spam or violate other social network rules;
- post unique content;
- link your Facebook account to your Instagram profile, this will make it clear that you are a real person, not a fake.
How to unblock an account
- The easiest way is to simply change the password and re-enter your account. It is also useful to remove bundles with other applications that could be blacklisted on Instagram. How to remove bundles – go to “Settings”, then “Authorized applications”, in the list “Applications with allowed access” click “Revoke access”.
- If there are restrictions on actions, we are waiting for their completion. During this time, don’t even try to like, comment, or follow someone. This will only increase the blocking time.
- If this is an application glitch, update Instagram. If it doesn’t help, we log out of our account, delete the application from the phone, restart the phone, install the latest version of Instagram from the App Store or Google Play, and go back in.
- If it’s about the provider’s IP, we try to log in from the mobile Internet, and then change the IP of the home network. If you have a dynamic IP, it is enough to restart your computer or Wi-Fi, if you have a static one, you will have to contact your provider for help.
- Eternal blocking – what can you do in this case. You can try to restore your account, but only if you previously posted your personal photos to it. If not, don’t even try. Better to create a new account, but respecting all the rules. If you just copy the old one or make a similar one, it will also get banned. It is undesirable to make a new account from the same IP using the same mail, Facebook profile and the same content. We do everything anew.
The procedure for restoring a blocked account if it contained personal photos:
Open the application on your phone, click on “Help with Login”, then enter information about yourself and the associated e-mail. You can write in the recovery request that your account has been hacked (even if it is not). A letter will be sent to the mail with instructions – we follow them. Next, you may be asked to upload a personal photo without processing, previously posted in your account. Or take a photo with a piece of paper on which the verification code should be written. If the account is a commercial one, they may ask for company data. In general, do what they ask and submit a request for moderation.
Read also: Guide to setting up targeted ads on Instagram
- There are 3 main types of blocking on Instagram – temporary, permanent or shadow ban. Occasionally you can get accidentally blocked.
- The social network is banned for using automated services for cheating, mass following, mass liking, for spam, prohibited content, going out of limits, copyright infringement, copying accounts, and so on. A complete list of rules is available on the Instagram website.
- To avoid blocking – link your account to Facebook, post unique content, do not break the rules, be careful with automated services.
- The lock, depending on its type, can be removed by changing the password. Or you need to wait until all restrictions are lifted. If the account is permanently blocked, there is a chance to restore it, but only if you can prove that you belong to it. If not, it is better to create a new account, but taking into account all the violations – that is, we do not copy the one that was, but we make a completely new one, from a different IP, bind another mail and Facebook, post new, unlit content.