There are a lot of unscrupulous contractors and dubious promotion services on the Instagram promotion market. Therefore, one of the most popular requests from bloggers and brands is to remove and cleanse followers. The reason is trivial: the wound bots and subscribers only look beautiful, but in fact they hang like a dead weight. The focus in promoting Instagram has long shifted to reach and engagement – and both of these metrics cannot be achieved by cheating a subscription base. And you won’t get to the top if there are no live users in your account. In the article, we figure out how you can quickly remove followers on Instagram.
Cleaning Instagram followers: who to remove
Before proceeding with the removal, it is necessary to clarify who most often users want to get rid of. So, most often the following categories of users are subject to removal:
- Bots are technical accounts specially created for cheating.
- Commercial or store accounts (offers) – real users can hide behind them, but as a rule they do not show real activity.
- Profiles without an author or with a zero number of publications are analogs of bots created by users to make money on the Internet (from such accounts, for example, people like and subscribe to you for money). Either these are real users who, for whatever reason, do not blog on Instagram or have created an account to secretly follow users (hello, jealous partners or curious gossips!).
- User profiles that are not included in the target audience of the project (they are found by certain words in the profile description. (For example, you have a purely male project or you do not want competitors to subscribe to you).
- Mass followers are accounts with a huge number of outgoing subscriptions. Even if the profile belongs to a living person, it is very difficult to get into the feed of such a user. Also, such accounts are created to make money on subscription and liking actions.
So, we have listed which subscribers may be objectionable. As you can imagine, just logins and IDs won’t be enough. You need not only to collect data about your subscribers, but also to filter them according to the categories you choose: the number of publications, the type of account, the number of subscriptions, the presence of an avatar, keywords in the profile description.
Therefore, to parse your account, you need a service that will provide the necessary data about the categories of users.
There are two services that allow you to do this, so I will tell you in the article about two ways to remove followers on Instagram.
How to get Instagram followers data: method 1
I am using getpapabot from Crelab. Working with the service is very simple: in a telegram bot or on a website, you enter your Instagram username and wait in line to collect data:
You follow the link for payment and after parsing you get a link with account analysis and complete lists in CSV format:
After you have received the list of subscribers in SCV format, you can convert it to Excel and filter by the parameters you need.
We are looking for inactive users on Instagram to delete: method 2
In the Instaplus service, I discovered another interesting way to get data about Instagram users. Select an account and click “Data collection”:
We select the item “Subscribers activity” and indicate your account as a login without a dog:
The output is two lists to choose from – a complete list with data or a list of inactive ones:
Then you can convert the format to Excel and get a list of logins. I have manually looked at all inactive users:
Uploading data to block users on Instagram
The resulting list of users you dislike now need to be sent to a service that will allow you to get rid of them. I also use Instaplus, you can choose any similar one if you like.
In the service you go to the menu section – “My lists” and select the block list:
Download limit: 15,000 users. Therefore, keep in mind that if the database to be deleted is very large, you will have to split it into several parts.
After that, we start the blocking task, click on the “Create task” menu and select the account and the task type – “Unsubscribe”:
Now it remains to select the item – “Blocking by list”:
Now it remains to select in the settings the list of Instagram users you uploaded to be blocked:
It is important to respect the limits – they are indicated in the service’s FAQ. Constantly changing, in 2020 for example – 400 unsubscriptions per day is optimal. I prefer not to take risks and do more. It’s also okay to take breaks of a couple of days.
After you carry out such activities to remove subscribers, I recommend analyzing your Instagram profile. For monitoring, choose the DataFan service – it will not only show you the dynamics and activity of subscribers on Instagram, but also help you analyze the results of targeted advertising in the Facebook advertising cabinet. Happy promotion!