We have already written many times that in order to promote a profile in the TikTok header, it is necessary to indicate the USP – a unique selling proposition. This is your feature, the difference from competitors and the benefit for the potential client, thanks to which he will want to subscribe to the channel and place an order.
In today’s article, you will learn what the right USP is and how to quickly come up with one.
Interesting: Fresh TikTok Trends in January 2021
Features of a unique selling proposition
USP is a message about a specific feature of a service / product with a strong benefit that can attract the attention of the target audience. This is the maximum satisfaction of the needs of potential customers and at the same time, detachment from competitors.
A unique selling proposition can be created for a single product or group of products. However, don’t confuse the USP with a slogan or promotion. An example of a promotion: “Free delivery across Russia for orders over a thousand rubles.” An example of a unique selling proposition: “The largest guarantee for household appliances.”
The author of the term “USP” is the American marketer and businessman Rosser Reeves. He was sure that buyers were tired of enticing ads, behind which there was no specifics.
According to Rosser Reeves’ wording, the USP should:
- Be unique and have a connection with the characteristics of the product.
- Be strong in order to attract a wide range of new consumers.
- Inform “Buy this product and you will get special benefit”.
Under such conditions, a unique selling proposition will increase product recognition and target audience loyalty, and generate a new flow of customers. And, of course, it will ensure a high level of sales.
Please note! USP should not be changed frequently. This is not a temporary action or just a text, but an image that should be fixed in the minds of consumers.
How to come up with a USP for Tik Tok
Your job is to write a unique selling proposition based on the true benefits of a product or service. Don’t make up a fake USP with contrived benefits. In the future, this only threatens to disappoint customers and, accordingly, reduce income.
But how do you make a USP if you sell standard products / services without outstanding properties? Proceed with the following plan.
- Explore all the nuances of your business… Write down brief characteristics of goods, geography and delivery time, purchase conditions, work schedule and cost. For an objective assessment, you can contact a business analyst and regular customers (post a survey or run a video review contest at TikTok).
- Check out competitors… Explore the products and positioning of competing companies with a similar target audience. Note for yourself how their pricing policy is built, what customer needs are satisfied by your competitors.
- Analyze the target audience… Determine customer needs by reviewing TikTok comments and other information online. Take note of the inconveniences and problems of the target audience, as well as the pros and cons of purchasing your product.
- Come up with a meaningful message… Taking into account all the information received, write down in the table the pros and cons of your business in comparison with competing firms, the unique properties of the product itself and the pain of potential customers. When drawing up a USP, try to cover the disadvantages with advantages and cover the needs of the target audience.
Effective formulas for creating USP
For convenience, we recommend that you use a ready-made cheat sheet, according to which you can easily compose a unique selling proposition for your company.
- Product + benefit… For example, “Logo design in ten variants”, “Sushi delivery within an hour after ordering”.
- Need + result + guarantee… Examples of USP: “High-quality fillings that last for 5 years. If they go bad, we will fix it for free ”,“ Fresh cakes with door-to-door delivery and quality certificate ”.
- Product + without fear of target audience… For example: “Natural shampoo without SLS and parabens”, “Installation of windows without prepayment”.
- Product + Feature + Pain… Good examples: “Daytime makeup in 15 minutes, when you urgently need to look 100%”, “Compound feed with recipes for mixing – feed the animals right.”
- Usefulness + uniqueness + specificity + urgency… For example: “Thanks to our advertising, 10 thousand people will find out about your products within 24 hours”, “The number of wrinkles in a month will be reduced by half due to the coenzyme Q10 in the composition”.
Important: When is the best time to publish a video on Tik Tok
A unique selling proposition is a business card of your product, designed to convince a potential client of the exclusivity of the product and the need to buy it. There is no magic here: just give the target audience what they need.
Remember that drawing up a USP is an important, but not the only stage of business development at TikTok. To popularize the channel, use popular hashtags, advertise with bloggers, regularly publish high-quality videos using auto-posting from ToTop Tool.