Built-in Instagram functions allow you to upload your Stories within 24 hours or from an archive. If you need to download a story from another account, for example, to edit a video, then you can use applications for iPhone and Android, browser extensions, telegram bots, online services, or just record the screen.
How to download History from your phone
On an iPhone
The application searches for accounts and allows you to download content: stories, IGTV, posts. To use the function, you need to log into your Instagram profile through the device.
To download Stories to iPhone using Instant Stories:
- Install Instant Stories from the App Store on your iPhone.
- We log into your instagram account.
- We are looking for a profile through the search.
- Go to the page and select the required History from the list.
- Click on the “repost” icon.
- The story will be saved to the gallery on the iPhone.
Free application for downloading and reposting stories, which works through a plug-in Instagram profile. The required account can be found through the search. The free version has ads, but Stories can be downloaded without restrictions. The PRO version without ads costs 899 rubles, a one-time payment.
To download Story to iPhone using ReShare Story:
- Install the ReShare Story application from the AppStore on the iPhone.
- We go to your instagram account through the application.
- We select Stories from the list or search for a profile through the search.
- Click on the loaded list of current Stories.
- Click on the button with the phone picture in the upper right corner.
- The story is saved to the gallery.
Read also: How to repost on Instagram
One of the simplest and most convenient apps for downloading Instagram Stories for Android. “History” can do reposts, download posts, and even IGTV. You can upload Stories separately on the selected account or all at once in a day. The application works for free, saves videos without watermarks, but with ads. Remove ads – 179 rubles, one-time payment.
To save History to Android via the “History” application:
- Download the “History” application on Google Play.
- We go to your Instagram profile.
- We are looking for a user from our subscriptions or through a global search.
- Select the STORY tab (or POST, IGTV)
- We save to the device (by default – the Story Saver folder)
Apps for downloading Stories from the link for android. To get the link, you need to copy it from Story in the Instagram app and return to Insaver. You can also upload posts and profile avatars here.
To download, you need to go to your Instagram profile through the application. Saves files without watermarks, but there are ads. Disconnection price – premium subscription for 85 rubles per month or 699 rubles per year.
To save History to Android via the Insaver app:
- Download the Insaver app on Google Play.
- Copy the link to Stories from any account.
- We launch the Insaver application.
- We go to your Instagram account.
- Paste the link into the top field.
- Press the button “History”.
- Select the required History and save it on the device.
One of the most convenient apps for downloading Stories, which copies the Instagram interface and allows you to easily scroll through the feed and profile to find what you need. You can use Storynim without logging into your Instagram account, but then only posts will be available for download. To download Stories – you need to log into your account and select the ones you need to download. The app contains ads, the shutdown price is 359 rubles (one-time payment).
How to save Story to Android via Storynim app:
- Download the Storynim app on Google Play.
- Log into your account through the application.
- Scroll through the stories feed or find a specific account.
- Download to your device.
Also Read: How to Anonymously View Instagram Stories
How to download History from a computer
Downloader for Instagram
An extension for the Chrome browser that allows you to download Stories from the web version of Instagram.
How to download History from a computer through the Chrome browser:
- Install the Downloader for Instagram extension in the Chrome App Store.
- We go to your Instagram profile through the Chrome browser.
- The “Expansion Stories” tab has appeared above the strip with the Stories icons
- Click on the required Story and save one or all relevant stories from your account.
An extension for the Opera or Yandex browser that adds a download icon to stories and posts in the web version of Instagram feed.
How to download History from a computer via Yandex Browser:
- Install the InstaSaver extension in the Opera App Store.
- Go to your Instagram profile via Yandex Browser.
- Select History and click on the button with the download icon.
Free online service for downloading Stories via a browser. Works on both computer and phone.
How to download Story online:
- We go to the Instasaved website.
- Enter the name of the profile on Instagram and click “Download”.
- Select the required History and save it to the device.
By the way, there are more useful online services (over 25!) For working on Instagram in the article “Top 25 services for working on Instagram”.
Telegram bot for downloading stories
The telegram bot allows you to download a story by a link or by entering a name in the @account name format. It is convenient if you don’t want to install the application, share access to your instagram account and watch ads. Stories are saved to the gallery as a regular video file.
To download the History via InstaSave telegram bot:
- We go to the InstaSave telegram bot.
- Click Start and select English.
- Copy the link or account name from Instagram.
- We choose which stories to save to the device.
How to download your Story
You can download stories from your account via the Instagram app for iPhone or Android.
How to download your Story to your phone:
- We go to the Instagram application.
- Click on the icon with your Stories.
- Click on the three dots in the lower right corner.
- The story is saved to the gallery on your phone.
How to download old Instagram Story:
- We go to the Instagram application.
- Go to the profile, click “Settings”
- Choose “Archive”
- Click on History
- Click on three dots in the lower right corner
- Save to device
You will learn more about how to repost posts and stories in our article “How to repost on Instagram Stories: step by step instructions.”
How to schedule the release of stories
Through our service SMMplanner, where you can immediately edit the story: add stickers, background or connect a finished project to Canva.
How to make a delayed story:
- We go to the SMMplanner website.
- Register or log into your account.
- Add an Instagram account (if you don’t already have one).
- Click “Schedule History”.
- Editing the future History in the built-in editor.
- We choose the date and time of publication.
- We save.
Sometimes it is more convenient to record from the screen through the functionality built into mobile operating systems. Screencast allows you not only to save videos from Stories, but to record the profile or user actions (for example, when he clicks on interactive).
How to record screen on iPhone
On iOS, the function is enabled in Settings, where you need to go to Control Center and click “Configure Control”. Then select the “Screen Recorder” function, after which the corresponding icon will appear in the window (swipe from the bottom of the screen).
How to record screen on Android
Screencast video is available on Android (since Android 10), but this feature is disabled by default. To enable, you need to go to “developer” mode. To do this, in the “Settings” you need to find the item “About device” and quickly click on the item “Build number” several times.
A new section will appear in the “System” section – “For Developers”. In it you need to find the “Experimental functions” item and activate the settings_screenrecord_long_press value. Not everyone works – for example, on Nokia 6.1 with Android 10, it was not possible to access experimental features.
Therefore, to save stories from other accounts, it is better to use either external screen capture applications or special downloaders, which we talked about in this article.