A blue checkmark on Instagram is a confirmation that the account is official. Novice bloggers dream of such status confirmation, and this greatly simplifies the work for commercial accounts.
Since August 2018, all Instagram users can request verification. Of course, this does not mean that everyone will eventually pass it and receive a checkmark. Let’s figure out what the blue checkmark means in the profile, what is required to receive it and whether it is possible to buy it.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Read also: Instagram account promotion
What does the blue check mark on Instagram mean?
A blue checkmark next to an Instagram profile name is a sign that a person or company is really who they say they are. The main goal of account verification is to protect users from “divorce”. For example, when fraudsters on behalf of the “star” announce a collection of money, hold a competition or a drawing.
Thus, if you see a blue check mark in your profile, you understand that this is a real person or brand, and not another sly fake. Other social networks adhere to the same policy.
Requirements for passing verification
First of all, the profile must comply with Instagram rules and not violate the community guidelines. In addition, the following criteria can be distinguished:
- Authenticity – the owner of the page must be a real person, registered trade mark or brand.
- Uniqueness – obtaining the status “verified account” is possible only for one account. An exception is accounts created to represent the brand in different countries.
- Completeness of information – the account must be open, have a completed section “about yourself”, a profile photo and more than one post.
- Popularity – getting a tick on Instagram should make sense, the accounts of famous personalities, athletes, politicians and brands are checked.
The easiest way to get verified is for athletes, actors, popular performers, artists, brands and politicians. Also, the blue jackdaw is provided for official representations of government bodies and social movements. For example, the city administration or volunteers.
It is more difficult if you are a blogger or a private professional. In this case, Instagram is guided by how popular you are and how many users you can attract, including from other social networks or video hosting sites. Mentions in the media and other venues serve as positive signals.
It is interesting: How to connect a business account on Instagram
How to get a blue checkmark on Instagram
To get the blue check mark, you first need to request an account verification. After receiving the request, Instagram employees will check your profile and send a notification about the results of the application consideration.
To send a verification request, you need to go to “Settings – Account – request confirmation”.
Next you need:
- specify username;
- enter your full name and surname;
- write an alias (if any);
- select an account category;
- upload a scan / photo of an identity document: passport or a driver’s license.
The decision to receive or not receive the blue badge, Instagram will send using a notification.
Factors that increase the likelihood of passing verification on Instagram:
Can you buy a blue checkmark on Instagram?
No… Don’t get fooled by promises that if you pay you can get a blue checkmark. This is a divorce!
Better to send a complaint to Roskomnadzor – if it’s a website, or complain about an account – if it’s an Instagram account.
Read also: The best services for masslooking
If you are a small company or a budding blogger, you shouldn’t think about getting a check mark. It won’t give you any advantage – because of the blue badge in the profile header, millions of fans won’t come to you and won’t line up with customers. Focus on the quality of your product and the content you publish, that’s more important.