The co-posting feature was tested in early 2021 in several countries and launched worldwide later that year. Co-publishing is available for any open account and can be another free way to promote, as well as an ideal way to collaborate with brands and bloggers.
Let’s see how the Co-Posting feature works, how to make a collaborative post or Reels on Instagram, and how to use this tool in your work. Finally, we’ll tell you what to do if you can’t create a collaborative post.
How to add a Contributor to a post/rhythm on Instagram and make a Collaborative Post
We explain and show you how the co-authoring feature works on Instagram.
- Step 1: Start creating a post. Add a photo or video, and get to the publishing stage.
- Step 2. Under the caption text box, click “Tag people.”
- Step 3. On the page that opens, click “Invite a Contributor.”
- Step 4. In the search box at the top, start typing the name of the account and select the user you want.
- Step 5. After that, select the location of the co-author mark on the photo and publish the post.
How to accept co-authorship
The user that you’ve entered as co-author of the post will receive a notification of the marking and can accept or reject it.
If you confirm the collaboration, the post will appear in the feed of the specified user, and two avatars will be displayed – the author and co-author.
The mark can be deleted or changed at any time. To do this, open the menu of the post and select “Stop sharing”.
How to post a shared Reels
- For Reels, the process is similar. Start creating Reels, add videos, music, effects, and so on. In the last step, under the description field, click “Celebrate People.”
- On the page that opens, click “Invite a Contributor” and add the desired user.
Important: If you want to invite a co-author after publication, you can’t do that. Adding a co-author is possible only at the stage of content publication.
Will the publications have the same number of likes and comments?
Yes. If you use the co-authorship feature when you publish, the post will appear on your profile and the other person’s profile.
The likes and comments from your followers and the other person’s followers will be added together.
That way, a post that is co-created can get more likes and comments because you are joining forces.
How to use co-authoring to promote
The launch of the new feature opens up many opportunities for blogger and brand collaborations, co-creation of content by different authors, and monetization.
For example, if a company wants to get more coverage for a post, instead of ordering ads in a blogger’s Stories, they can promote in the blogger’s feed using the co-authoring feature.
Why can’t you make a joint post and what to do about it
Errors can occur if:
- The user you are trying to co-author has a business account. Solution: switch from a business account to an author account.
- The user you’re trying to indicate as a collaborator doesn’t have or shouldn’t have access to music (is in a region where music is not available).
Solution: there’s no solution here, you just need to wait when the social network will open access to the music in the user’s region.
- The user has a closed account or is banned from mentioning in posts. Solution: Make the account public and allow marks in posts.
- Instagram bugs. A classic case where everything works on one account, but the function doesn’t work on another account. Solution: Waiting for it to work. You can try updating or reinstalling applications.