A YouTube channel logo is a graphic image that people will see when they visit your channel and watch videos. Let’s draw an analogy with television channels – each has its own icon, without which they would not be so recognizable.
The channel logo is shown in each video in the lower right corner. If you hover the cursor over the channel icon while the video is showing, a small window will appear with information about the number of subscribers, its name and the “Subscribe” button. Clicking on the icon will take you to the channel home page in a new tab. However, when ads appear, the custom icon will disappear. If you leave comments on YouTube somewhere, your logo will also be next to them.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Read also: How to design a YouTube channel beautifully
What should be the channel logo
When you upload a logo to your channel, you can see the requirements that the platform sets. But in order not to redo the icon, you need to immediately look at them and make a personal icon according to the requirements. The logo must match the following characteristics:
- image size – no more than 1 MB;
- number of pixels – 800 * 800;
- the image on a transparent background is preferable;
- file format – GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG.
Photos of stars or actors, artwork and other copyrighted images cannot be used. If you run your own blog, you can use a personal photo as a logo. A single color picture is best perceived by viewers, but you can upload color images as well.
Advice! Make the channel logo square or round to prevent the image from being cropped on upload.
It is interesting: TOP 10 logo makers
How to upload a logo to YouTube
After you have made a logo you need to upload it. To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to the creative studio and nego to the “Channel” tab and click on the “Corporate identity” button.
- Click “Add channel logo” in the window that appears, and then clickClick on the “Add file” button and upload the finished logo from your computer.
- After the file is saved, click on the blue “Save” button. PA setting field will appear, you can choose to show the logo at the end of the video, all the time or at a specified period. If you choose the third option, you need to enter from what second you need to start showing.
- Then press the “Refresh” button and the specified settings will be saved.
To remove the logo, click “Remove” and upload a new icon following the same instructions.
Services for quickly creating a logo channel
But if you do not have the skills to work in Photoshop and you do not want to order a corporate identity from a designer, do not despair, on the Internet you can find services that will do everything for you. Below we describe the most common and convenient ones:
- Logaster.com… Having entered the site, it is enough to select the topic of the channel or enter its name, the program will select several design options for you, and you will only have to choose the one that you like best. If you want your logo in a specific color, then you can choose the shades that interest you.
- Canva.com… In order to create a logo on this service, you need to register. It is necessary to enter the name of your channel in the field, and the program will select different versions of images for you. You will be presented with hundreds of templates that you can combine with each other to create unique icons.
- Iconbird.com… To create a logo for your channel, you need to write keywords in the search bar and the service will offer options. You can also set the color you are interested in in the filter. If you do not like the proposed options, then on this site you can order a logo according to your wishes.
- LogotypeMaker.com… With the help of the site, you can create a logo in a matter of minutes. It is enough to write the name of the channel or a keyword in the search field and you will see a lot of ready-made icons that are suitable for a logo. In order for the images to be only on the topic of your channel, you need to select a category.
A logo is a distinctive element of a channel that will help you stand out from competitors and make your channel more recognizable. And even if you do not own programs for working with graphic images, you can find hundreds of programs on the Internet that will select ready-made logos for you, and you just have to download and upload them.
We publish the most relevant materials in our Telegram channel: https://t.me/postiumru/. Go ahead and subscribe – no ads, just pure benefit!