TikTok is rapidly gaining popularity in many countries, including Russia. The number of installations has exceeded 1.5 billion. More than 800 million people use the app every day.
While many are skeptical about TikTok, the numbers speak for themselves. And now is the time to go there for the audience, because in 2020 the popularity of the application will only grow.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Judge for yourself – while there is very low competition in TikTok and you can get free coverage of posts from the social network, there is a built-in editor with a lot of effects and filters, and there are many ideas for videos. If competitors do not seize the initiative, then the TikTok application will not lose its relevance for a long time.
In this article we will tell you how to use Tik-Tok to promote your business, how to create an account and attract subscribers.
We define the goals of promotion
Before starting work with Tik-Tok, you need to determine the goals of promotion. They, in general, do not differ from the goals in any other social network:
Attracting subscribers from Tik-Tok to other sites
Now in this social network it is easier to gain subscribers than in the same YouTube and Instagram. You can take advantage of this and redirect traffic to other social networks. To do this, indicate in the Tik-Tok profile a link to Instagram, YouTube or your website. Please note that links to the site are not yet clickable and users need to manually paste them into the browser. But, most likely, then the application will have an available active link in the profile, like in Instagram. Read more about this in the article: TikTok tests links in the profile description and below the video.
In TikTok, you can earn money on donations from live broadcasts, native advertising from brands, affiliate programs, and advertisements from other bloggers.
Increase brand awareness and improve image
Tik-Tok can be a good addition to the existing pages on other social networks.
Lead generation is the ultimate goal of any SMM promotion. You can use Tik-Tok to directly sell your goods and services. It is also a great platform for promoting your creativity, for example, music tracks. This is a chance for new artists and musicians to become popular thanks to TikTok.
Depending on the goal, we build a strategy and choose ways of promotion. But first, we decide on the audience and the channel concept. Naturally, within the framework of this social network. Remember – people come to Tik-Tok to have fun and kill time. Complex content does not enter here. This app shoots original, viral and visually appealing videos.
Who is already using promotion at Tik-Tok for business. A couple of examples:
- Cody miller, account @codymillers. Uses TikTok for self-promotion. The feature of this blogger is the presence of yellow in all videos. Calls himself “The King of Yellow”.
- Red bull, @redbull account. Uploads videos of tricks, uses account to increase brand awareness.
- Apple Music, @applemusic account. The service announces the release of new singles, uploads videos with celebrities. The account increases brand awareness, helps to increase sales.
How to promote an account in Tik-Tok from scratch
Setting up and registering an account
To configure a profile, click on the “Change profile” button. Here we put an avatar, come up with a nickname and username. Keep in mind that your nickname can only be changed once every 30 days. Here you can add a short description and links to your Instagram and Youtube accounts. The process of setting up a profile is almost like on Instagram, nothing complicated.
It is also better to switch to a Pro account, which allows you to select a profile category, run ads, and view statistics. It suits those who want to make money at Tik-Tok. To switch to Pro, click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner, then “My account”, “Switch to Pro-account”.
Read more in the article “Pro-account in TikTok: what it gives, how to make and configure”.
To make a beautiful Tik-Tok profile design, come up with an attractive description. You can add emoticons and calls to subscribe.
The profile should reflect your nature and type of activity. If you offer dance lessons, this should be visible on your account. You can make a creative profile, for example, with a video where you teach your cat to dance. And come up with a slogan “I’ll teach you how to dance even a cat!”
Examples of interesting profiles:
- The Verzakov twins @ twins.verz – making parodies
- SKEPSSIS @skepssis – illusionist profile.
- salavat.fidai, @ salavat.fidai account – makes works of art from ordinary pencils.
TikTok users are young people over the age of 13. They post amateur videos, flash mobs, reactions, challenges, sketches, dances, miniseries and more. First of all, the content should be of interest to such a circle of users.
Videos should be fun, original and memorable. Documentaries, educational content, boring lectures and stuff like that won’t come in. Don’t forget about the quality of the shooting. A fuzzy picture, noises in the background – not what Tik-Tok users want to see.
It is interesting: How to sign out on TikTok recommendations
Popular content types on Tik-Tok:
Duets… Take any video you like, turn on the “duet” function (the screen is divided into 2 parts) and shoot yourself next to.
Challenges… Find a popular hashtag and shoot a video on this topic, indicate this hashtag in the video description. Here, for example, videos with the hashtag #ideahome.
Reaction… Filming your reaction to someone else’s video. To do this, you can use the duet function described above.
Dance to the music… The most popular video format on Tik-Tok. Take any melody and dance to it.
Tutorials and life hacks… Upload short instructional videos, such as how to cook a specific dish, dance a dance, make handmade goods, and so on.
Illusionist style videos… There is a video stop function for this. First, shoot the first part, for example, where you are in one outfit, then pause and shoot the second part, where you are already in a different outfit. The result is a video, as if you changed clothes in a second. Or a video of you picking up a car from the street, as Will Smith did.
Sketches, jokes, parodies… Humorous content in the style of Ida Galich and Nastya Ivleeva goes very well into Tik-Tok. Such videos are more difficult to create, because you need to constantly come up with a script. But usually bloggers with this kind of content have a lot of subscribers.
Remember about prohibited content – you cannot post harmful, dangerous and shocking content, scenes of violence, nudity and pornography, content that sows hostility or violates intellectual property rights, content that infringes on the rights of children, spam, and so on. These are the standard rules for all social media.
How often do I upload videos? Ideally 1-2 times a day. When publishing, you can write a description for the video and add hashtags there. The video itself can be diluted with effects, stickers, add text.
Topic article: How to shoot and post a video on TikTok
Attraction of subscribers
A Tik-Tok account can be promoted in free and paid ways.
- Activity… Old proven method. The more activity from you – content, likes, comments and subscriptions to other TikTokers, the higher the likelihood of becoming popular yourself. But keep in mind that this method takes time. The main emphasis should still be on content – if the videos are of poor quality, no activity will help.
- Hashtags to promote on TikTok… Include # hashtags on the topic of your channel, follow popular tags. Or come up with your own and launch a challenge. For example, as did the Pepsi company – together with the supermarket chain Magnit, they launched a challenge with the hashtag #dancevstelepsi, where they had to dance with a bottle of Pepsi.
- Sharing on other social networks… Share in other social networks a link to your Tik-Tok account and a QR code. The code is in the upper right corner of your profile.
- Increased engagement… Keep track of what’s in the trend, try to create similar videos, run live broadcasts, arrange polls, create contests, respond to comments.
- Mutual PR… A good way to promote free of charge is mutual PR with other bloggers, shooting duets and reactions to other people’s videos.
- Promotion in TikTok for money… Advertising from a popular blogger. We contact directly and ask for a price list.
Also, you can order advertising through TikTok Ads. There are currently 4 ad formats available in the application:
- Brand takeover… A full-screen banner that appears when you enter the application. Advertising lasts 3-5 seconds, format – picture or video, purchase model – CPM and CPT.
- In-feed Native Video… A pop-up advertisement in the feed appears when scrolling. Advertising up to 15 seconds, video format. The purchasing model is CPM and CPT.
- Hashtag Challenge… Banner in the search section with a branded hashtag for the challenge. You can add your own jingle.
- AR – augmented reality. Brand promotion in Tik-Tok using branded masks, lenses, stickers.
Services to help
TikTok is not yet actively monitoring markups. Basically, you can wind up likes, views, subscriptions and comments. What programs and applications can be used for promotion in Tik-Tok?
- TikTok Tool – a program for automating promotion in Tik-Tok. Allows you to parse the audience, as well as start mass-liking, mass-following and other tasks.
- Tik-top.com… The service winds up likes and subscribers from Russian accounts, ensuring it reaches the top among users from the CIS. Relevant for those whose business is aimed at Russian-speaking users.
- Tiktopers – an advertising exchange, a service for monetizing accounts.
- TikTokHelper – a service where you can view analytics, bloggers’ ratings, order mass-liking, mass-following, unsubscribe.
- Tmsmm.ru – you can wind up subscribers, likes and views of users from all over the world, or only from the Russian Federation.
- All-SMM – here, in addition to likes and subscribers, video promotion in Tik-Tok through reposts is available.
- Mrpopular.net – boost likes and subscribers
- Vktarget.ru is an activity exchange service. You complete tasks, get points, for these points you order likes, subscriptions and comments from other members of the service. You can earn nothing, top up your balance and order a promotion of activities.
Analysis of the effectiveness of promotion
How to evaluate the effectiveness of the promotion? First of all, we look at the statistics of the TikTok account – for any promotion method. Statistics are available in the Pro account profile. It has 3 tabs: Overview, Content and Subscribers.
- Overview… Here you can see the total number of video views in the last 7 or 28 days. As well as the growth of new subscribers and the number of profile views during the same time.
- Content… It displays the total number of your videos and your popular videos for the last 7 days.
- Followers… This tab displays the total number of likes, comments, and reposts. And also: the total number of viewing time, the number of views themselves, average viewing time in seconds, types of traffic source and geo audience.
If you order ads from a blogger, evaluate a specific placement – reach and likes. To analyze the effectiveness of advertising through the TikTok Ads application, use the metrics for the selected format, which we described above.
Tik-Tok is a dynamically developing social network for young people. In 2020, the popularity of the application will only grow, so you need to go there for the audience right now.
The idea of the app is short memorable videos up to 15 seconds. Try to post 1-2 videos a day. Make content separately for this social network, taking into account the interests of young users.
The account can be promoted using free and paid methods. For paid promotion, use sponsored videos from bloggers, ads on TikTok Ads or special services.