Here’s a step-by-step guide for uploading videos to YouTube.
If you decide to add a training video for employees, a master class on how to make something, a commercial presentation about your company, then there is no better platform than YouTube today.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
You can also start your own channel and earn money on it. Then you will need to upload videos to YouTube regularly. And this article will help you do it the first time. It is designed for beginners and tell you about the basic points of publishing a video.
The video must meet certain technical requirements:
- Format. You will be able to upload materials of different formats to the video hosting: MP4, FLV, WebM, AVI, WMV, MPEG-1,2, 3GP, MOV…
- Frame frequency. The original frame rate should be 24 or 25.
- Aspect ratio. 16: 9, but if you upload a video with different parameters, it will be added, just black bars will appear.
- Resolution. In order for the video to be shown in full, it must be with the following parameters: 2160p: 3840 × 2160, 1440p: 2560 × 144, 1080p: 1920 × 1080, 720p: 1280 × 720, 480p: 854 × 480, 360p: 640 × 360, 240p: 426 × 240.
- The size. The size of the video can be any, but if the file is more than 2 MG, it is worth compressing in advance so that the video does not take so long to upload.
- Length. The minimum duration of an audio-sound fragment must be at least 33 seconds.
How to add YouTube videos from computer
If this is your first time uploading a video, then you do not have a Google account (we will tell you how to create one). If you are already logged in, then go to step 3.
Step 1. Registration or authorization in Google. Click on the “Create account” button and go through a simple registration.
Step 2. Adding your channel. It is necessary to click on the icon on a blue background with a silhouette of a man, then on the gear and select “Create channel” in the window that appears. More details in the article: How to make your own YouTube channel…
Step 3. Loading. Click on the video camera image and select the “Add video” button.
Then go to the gray button with an arrow, after which it will turn red and you need to download the video from your computer. You can also drag and drop the file into this window.
Step 4. Video setup. After that, your video starts loading, and at this time you can customize it. To do this, there are several tabs in the YouTube Manager.
- Basic information tab. Here it is necessary to write the name, select tags and add a description. Also at this stage you need to select an icon or download. You can add videos to playlists or create them. In the same column, privacy is selected (open video, access by link, limited, which can only be seen by you and the publication on schedule).
- Translation tab. You can broadcast the translation of the title and description of the video. To do this, you need to select the source language and the one into which it will be translated. Multiple languages are allowed.
- Monetization tab. This feature is available to channels that already have views and subscribers.
- Advanced settings tab. Here you can allow or reject comments on the video, allow or disallow displays of likes and dislikes, set an age limit, specify a video category, and more.
Step 5. Publication. After processing is complete, click “Save”.
Related article: YouTube video SEO optimization
How to Share YouTube Videos from Android Phone
To download the video, download and install the latest version of the app. To do this, go to Play Market and enter “Youtube” in the line. After it is installed, you must use the following algorithm:
- Log in to your Google account (if you do not have one, then you need to register by filling in all the fields, as when entering through a computer).
- To download the video, click on the arrow pointing up. Depending on your version, there may be an icon with a video camera.
- If this is your first time uploading a video, the app may require permission to the camera or gallery. You must click on the confirmation button.
- Choose a video from those saved on your phone or use the camera.
- Fill in all the information and click on the arrow. In some versions, to save the video, you must press the “download” button.
How to Share YouTube Videos from iPhone
If you decide to download a video from an iPhone, then in On the App Store download the app and follow the instructions:
- Open the Photos app.
- In the right corner, click on the “Select” button, and the video will be highlighted with a tick.
- In the upper right corner, click on the submit button (square with an upward arrow). In the window that appears, select the desired option – YouTube.
- Log in to the service and fill in the important information.
- Click on the “Publish” button.
Why videos won’t upload to YouTube
If you followed the instructions clearly and your content is not prohibited, then there should be no problems. But in practice, it often happens that the hosting rejects what appears to be suitable content. Let’s consider the most common situations in which a video is not uploaded to the platform:
- The video is longer than 15 minutes. In order for the site administration to allow the publication of such a video, you must set the parameter in the settings. Click the “Video Manager” button on the main page.
On the left, click on the “Channel” field, go to “Status and functions”, activate the download of long videos.
- “Breakage” of the file. Review the downloaded file, the audio track may not work or the picture freezes in some places. In this case, you need to download another file or try to fix it.
- Invalid format. The above have listed the acceptable formats for uploading videos. But if you still can’t add a video, you need to convert it, for this you can use a special site, you do not need to download the program.
What to do next
For many people to see your video, share the video. Open the video itself and below you will see the “Share” button along with an arrow that you need to click on.
After that, a menu will appear where you need to select social. the network where you want to post the published video. There are arrows on the left and right, clicking on which will open up other ways where you can broadcast the video.
You can use the link to publish videos on different social networks. If you want the broadcast to start not from the beginning, but, for example, from the first minute you need to put a check mark in front of the “start” key and enter the time from which the video will open in the window next to it.
If you want to add a video to the site, you need to click on the “Embed” window, on the icon of which there are two arrows looking in different directions, a menu will open where you need to copy the HTML code. There you can also change the settings and set the time from which the show will start, if necessary.
Well, so we learned how to upload a video to YouTube. At first glance, it may seem difficult and takes a lot of time. But when you add 5-10 videos to the platform, you can do everything automatically.
We publish the most relevant materials in our Telegram channel: https://t.me/postiumru/. Go ahead and subscribe – no ads, just pure benefit!