What do you do if your social media page has a bunch of haters? Well, first of all, be happy. Yes, yes, the haters are a sign of maturity for the acquirer. If a brand has a following, that means SMM is working well!
But you have to deal with them in the right way, because they can negatively affect the reputation of the brand. If they touch sensitive business information, the reputational impact can be profound.
So, the most important thing to remember when dealing with haters:
- Do not leave a negative response (preferably respond publicly, and only after the dialogue to offer to go to a personal).
- Do not give in to provocations and do not go to emotion (often this is exactly what toxic commenters want)
- Respond calmly, to the point, and in a friendly manner.
- Always offer to fix the problem.
- Avoid arguments.
- Banish when there is open aggression, insults, and unconstructive communication.
And this is the algorithm of communication with attackers, we’ve developed over the years of hard training:
- Turn the conversation into a constructive one.
- If the reason is reasonable, offer to solve the problem.
- If the reason is not constructive or for some reason cannot be solved, we act according to the situation. There may be several options here:
- Taking the conversation to a private room.
- To answer in a clichéd way.
- Make a joke.
And don’t forget that any communication under the posts increases coverage. Good luck!