This feature does not work for everyone yet, but it should still be discussed. The feature is called – Instagram Account Information – it allows you to see the most important information about your profile.
You can view information only about those accounts that may be of interest to potential advertisers. Bloggers, celebrities, athletes, and smaller profiles with more reach are among them. For example, if you have more than 5,000 subscribers, then users will be able to find out information about you.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Read also: How to beautifully design an Instagram profile
How to view your Instagram account information
The social network made this opportunity available so that you can find out information about the profile and decide whether to trust its owner.
To find out information about a profile on Instagram, go to its page and click the three dots in the upper right part of the screen.
A menu will open where you need to select the “Account Information” item.
After that, we will find ourselves on a page that contains the following information.
- Registration date – when the account was registered. The older the account, the more you can trust its owner.
- A country – information about the current location of the user. You can hide it if you want.
- Advertising – all current advertising campaigns on behalf of the account (shown if there are any).
- Previous usernames – the date of the last nickname change is shown.
- Shared Subscriber Accounts – accounts that have similar audiences and interests.
Related article: How to switch to a business account on Instagram
How to hide Instagram profile information
If you are the owner of an account, information about which will be available to all users, you will receive a corresponding notification – “New information about your profile.”
You cannot hide account information and even a closed profile will not help. Only part of the data can be hidden. To do this, open the settings and go to the “Account” section.
We select the item “About your account” and in the opened window go to the section “Country”.
Next to the inscription “Display country” move the switch to the left to the off position. And this is all the data that you can hide about yourself.
Instagram seeks to make the platform as transparent and attractive as possible for advertisers, and therefore expands access to publicly available information.
Of the recent changes related to this, it is worth noting – the opportunity for everyone to send a request for verification of their Instagram account in order to receive a blue checkmark, as well as a new author account, intended for bloggers and content creators.
We publish the most relevant materials in our Telegram channel: https://t.me/postiumru/. Go ahead and subscribe – no ads, just pure benefit!