Instagram introduced a new feature – search for places and companies on the map. Now, the companies that are in the social network can be found on the map directly in the app, as well as see more information on them.
Let’s look at the changes associated with the update in more detail.
How maps will work in Instagram
According to the company, once maps are launched in the app, users will be able to:
– Search places on the map by keywords and hashtags.
– View recent stories, top posts and geolocation guides.
– Filter companies by category: restaurants, cafes, beauty salons, and more.
– Save places to your collection.
– Share places by sending them to your friends in a message or chat.
This feature will be especially relevant for businesses and will allow you to post more relevant information about the company on the social network. In addition, companies will now be more interested in having visitors tag them more often in posts and storis.