Today, it is not enough to write a stylistically beautiful text for your website. Such texts remain out of sight of Internet visitors. The way out of this situation is to write seo texts.
SEO (search engine optimization) – a development site and its promotion for certain search queries, which aims to reach the top search results.
SEO-optimized text – a text that performs marketing functions (sells) and search engines like: it correctly inscribed the keys, the structure and logic of the narrative, the content meets the quality requirements.
The main thing for search engine crawler – the quality of content. On the basis of his, he decides to show or not to show a link to your text in search results. Today we will tell you how to write high-quality seo-texts, to get in the TOP, and not to be ashamed:).
Who do we write for?
The world of SEO copywriting has long been divided into two camps. One writes for search engine crawlers, and the other for people. In fact, the truth lies, as usual, in the middle.
When we write for robots
When a seo copywriter says that he writes “for the robot” he means to include keywords in the text. Why is this necessary? This is because after the article is written and published, the first reader of the article will be a search robot that examines the text. Its only purpose is to understand what the material is about and how it can be useful.
The robot draws conclusions about the subject matter of the text based on an analysis of the presence or absence of keywords and phrases. If you are writing an article about windows, and you have the keywords “plastic windows”, “plastic”, “window sill”, then this page (the site where the text is located) will be shown on the request “plastic windows” or “how to choose a window sill”. And vice versa, will not be shown for the query “metal doors” – because you do not have in the text of the keys from this topic.
When we write for a person
While a search engine looks for keywords and phrases in texts to understand what the text refers to, an Internet user, when he enters a search query, hopes that he will quickly solve his problem. And in this he will help competently written, structured and readable text on your site.
The main task – do not include more keywords, but to give the usefulness of the visitor. The collected search queries are analyzed, and on their basis, conclusions are made about what is interesting to your CA.
Text and Article
First, let’s understand a little bit of terminology. There are two concepts – seo text and seo article. Are these concepts identical or is there a difference between them?
SEO-texts – is something that is often found on the pages of online stores (descriptions of catalog sections).
SEO-article is an optimized text that has value to the reader. It is not created for search engines, but for users. The only thing hidden in the prefix “seo” – the presence of keywords.
And these two types have the same methodology of writing. We will talk about it in detail.
Work plan for the text/article
Where does the work begin? With the definition of goals and objectives of the text. The purpose may be – to get the article in the top 10 search results. Tasks: to tell how to do something, how to choose this or that product, and other things. Make sure that the reader will benefit from reading and return to you again for information (or buy your product).
Once the goals and objectives are defined, it’s time to proceed to the next steps:
- Collecting search queries.
- Researching and categorizing.
- Determining the main topic.
- Clearing out the garbage and duplicates.
- Creation of the layout of the article.
Now talk about each step in detail.
Collecting search queries.
To find out what words your customers are looking for goods or services that you provide need to collect and analyze the statistics of search results. You can do this using Yandex service – wordstat.yandex.ru. Or keyword planner from Google. The latter option is a little more complicated.
As an example take the query “Repair of cars” (for the region of “Moscow and region”). At the output we get a list of queries that hit the search engine.
Study and grouping
At this stage, the received requests should be divided into categories. This can be done based on an understanding of what people are looking for:
- If people are just looking for “car repair,” it’s not clear whether they want to rent a car for repair or learn how to repair it themselves. Information queries. Articles about repairs and links to repair services will appear in the output – all mixed up.
- If people are looking for “where to take the car for repair”, it’s a pronounced navigational question. And the search engine’s answer will be a list of the nearest repair shops.
Well, when the search query “car repair price” hits, it is a clear transactional query.
By dividing the requests received into these three categories, we will have an idea of what is of interest to your audience. This may be an interesting fact for you, but you’ll see that more often than not, people come to a search engine to get information, not to buy. That means it’s time to emphasize usefulness in your texts to sell more.
Determining the main topic
It’s time to determine the main topic of your text. To do this, choose the most common search query. In our case, this would be “repair of cars. The main theme should be chosen so that most of those who come to your site can find the answer.
If we chose “headlight repair” as the topic of the article, most people would simply not find us. The other topics you selected, you can include in article subheadings or other sections of your site.
Defining the topic and grouping queries seems tedious task, but it creates a structure by which all future work will be carried out. With the structure in hand, you won’t have to think about what to write today. You’ll just have a set of keys on hand that you can use to figure out what’s interesting to your audience.
Clearing out the garbage and duplicates
The importance of this stage is that you need to filter your semantics to weed out unnecessary queries that you’re not going to promote.
The first thing to do is to remove duplicates. If you did the work in MS Excel, you can do this with the function “Remove duplicates”.
Then comes the finer work of selecting the keys that are relevant to you. Exclude from your list keys that describe services you don’t provide. In our example, the output for the query “repair machines” gets a lot of answers related to the repair of various washing machines. Exclude these requests from the list.
Get rid of the keys your topics that are not relevant to you. Say that you are repairing, but the polishing is not. Subject matter is similar to yours, but the service is different.
Creating Article Layout
Now that we’ve figured out what will be of interest to a wide audience and collected semantics on your topic, it’s time to start creating a layout. Creating a layout involves three steps.
- Main theme. Tell about the repair of cars, the pitfalls, the directions of repair (body, unit or aggregate, and other).
- Themes of the second level. Here already tell in detail about the directions of repair cars and who it may be useful, and how to understand that already “it’s time.
- At the third level you can talk about pricing, justify your choice of price for services and invite readers to your service.
Throughout your article you need to put keywords in the text, so that robots can understand what your article is about. You can achieve this in two ways:
- First, write a free-form article, and then insert the missing keywords, if they fit the meaning. You should do this evenly throughout the body of the article.
- Another option – to work out all the sections in detail separately and collect them in the finished article.
Optimizing an article
And now we’ve done so much work. We’ve gathered semantics, grouped it, filtered it, and have already written the text. It’s time to start optimization. This stage should not be neglected, because unoptimized text has little chance to reach the top, even if it is beneficial.
Parameters of optimized text:
- Number of characters. For different systems, it is different. For Google a useful article is one in which from 700 characters, and Yandex this bar holds about 3000 characters. With these minimum values, search robots begin to treat the text as useful.
The article should respect the structure. These are headings, sentences, paragraphs, lists, quotations, bullet points, footnotes, links and pictures with videos.
- Having a main headline (H1). Any article begins with a headline. And it is the H1 that is in every text. Therefore, it is recommended that you include the most popular of your keywords. We also recommend that you use only one H1 headline.
- H2-H6 subheadings. If you have a voluminous article, you need to divide it by its meaning for the convenience of familiarization by search engine robots and navigation of users. The more information you include in the article, the more levels of nesting can be. Don’t forget to include keywords in the headline text.
- Availability of paragraphs and sentences. It is much more pleasant to read a structured text, divided by meaning into paragraphs. And do not abuse too long and short sentences. Divide complex ones into several simple ones. For paragraphs you can select the following criteria: paragraph size – 1500 characters (that’s about 200-250 words or 8 sentences).
- The density of keys per paragraph. Recommendation – for 300 words 4 repetitions of the key (maximum 6).
- Announcement and conclusion. Place a few sentences at the beginning of the article about why this text is worth your time. Our information field is crowded and today’s readers make their decision to read the text by the first paragraphs. Likewise with the conclusion. It is recommended to include there the main thoughts of the article to summarize what is written.
Analyze seo texts
It is time for analysis and possible correction of the texts. It is necessary to check the written for compliance with the requirements. And the requirements are as follows:
The parameter shows how much of the author’s work is written by your seo copywriter. The fact is that uniqueness is one of the main parameters on which the search engine selects high-quality materials. You can check this parameter by using a special service – Text.ru. In order for a document to be considered unique it should have a parameter value of 90% and above.
Note that this service and others like it may not always work correctly. They can stand alone words (which are often used in the texts of your subject) take for plagiarism and do not notice the whole copied pieces of text. But, this happens very rarely.
This is an oversupply of key phrases in the text. According to this criterion, the search engine classifies content into “spam” and “non-spam” categories. It is worth noting that it is impossible in principle to reduce this indicator to zero. After all, your task is to include the keys in the text, so you can be found. But you have to know the measure. Ideally, the text should have an average level of spamming 30-60%. No more, otherwise search engines may impose sanctions. Same service Text.ru will help check this parameter in the text.
Nausea is the frequency of use of a word in the material. Nausea takes into account the appearance of not only the word, but all of its word forms. Experts distinguish two subtypes in this parameter: classical and academic nausea.
Classic – It is equal to the square root of the number of repetitions of words or phrases. If any word occurs on the page 25 times, then the nausea for it is exactly 5. Such a value is within the norm if the entire volume of text without spaces is at least 8-10 thousand characters.
Academic – This is the proportion. Let us have 600 words in the text (100%), and the number of repetitions of one – 18 times (X%). Then the proportion will look like this: 18*100/600 = 3%. In other words, this type of nausea is a direct indication of the percentage of the word in the text.
You can check this figure here – online service exchange “Advego”.
The ratio of insignificant words to the total number is called water. “Watery” sites are very difficult to promote because of the lack of usefulness. When material is filled with stop words like “and,” “because,” “that,” and others, search engines intentionally lower positions in the rankings. But, don’t overdo it. Water content must be present in the text in some way, that it was not dry and unemotional.
Checking for the water content can be done in the services Text.ru and Advego. The latter is the most rigorous.
These are ready-made turns, which are simply inserted in the text. These words and phrases slow down the process of reading and greatly reduce the information content. All kinds of clichés are abused by companies that unknowingly include them in homemade sites. Have you ever met phrases like, “We use the latest technology”, “Our quality is the highest level”? There is no specifics in these phrases, just general information. You can check here – Glavred: checking clichés.
Do not rush to place ready-made articles on the site or page on social networks, and check them first for compliance with the criteria described above.
Where to order/sell/verify texts
If you yourself do not want or do not have the opportunity to write texts, you can order them in several ways:
- From freelancers. From specialists – copywriters texts are written in a short time and for adequate money (usually). Trust only freelancers with testimonials and real experience to avoid wasting money and time. The price of the work ranges from 50 rubles to 300 (the most common rates on the market) for a thousand characters. The cheaper, the greater the possibility of negative experience.
- On the freelance exchanges. This option is more reliable, because your money will be protected by the payment system of the exchange. The performer will receive payment only when he provides you with the results of the work. The prices will be similar.
- Agencies. If you need a large volume of high-quality text, it is recommended to contact a marketing agency. Its specialists will independently conduct work on the collection of semantics, select the necessary queries, distribute them in the text. The cost of such work depends on the qualifications of the agency. Usually it is higher than in the first options. But, the quality is incomparably higher.
Below we give a few reliable services to order articles:
And these services can be used to check the materials written by your copywriter, for compliance with the specified parameters:
- Text.ru: check uniqueness.
- Glavred: check the cliché.
- Simple seo tools: seo text analyzer.
- Adwego: different parameters.
- Orthogramma: spell checker.