Seo site analysis
Congratulations! You have a website, which means your business is immortalized on the Internet. Your footprints will remain everywhere. And if you are interested in website promotion, and in order for it to perform its function (attracting customers) effectively, then you must first of all carry out all the work on internal optimization, track competitors and check the effectiveness of the work performed.
This can be done by ordering a “seo site check” service from a specialist or by doing it yourself. And we will tell you how to do it.
Why conduct SEO site analysis
With the advent of search engines, the question arose: “How to organize and in what order to show resources to users?”. Sorting and issuing algorithms in search are being improved year after year.
Today, search engines rank sites on their own – without human intervention. More than 800 parameters are used for this, and not a single person in the world can name with 100% accuracy the factors that affect the position of your resource. The algorithms of the search engines are regularly updated, and the representative of Yandex and Google, as well as other search engines, disclose only part of the information about all the innovations.
Does this make SEO analysis of the page useless? Not! Through research and hypothesis testing, a competent SEO will be able to check a significant number of both key and secondary ranking factors for your resource.
What information will you receive after the analysis
It is important for you, as a customer, to understand what you will get in the end in order to evaluate the work of a seo optimizer or the company that you hired to promote your resource.
The competence of a SEO specialist includes:
- Site analysis (audit);
- Selection and clustering of semantics;
- Working with meta tags, texts;
- Site structure;
- Internal optimization, for example, setting up a robots.txt file, having a sitemap.xml file, correctly working redirects, setting up a 404, and much more;
- Dealing with external factors (links, social signals);
- Checking for hitting sanctions and preventing hitting under filters;
- Checking the site for all possible technical errors that affect indexing by search robots;
- Analysis of site usability and assessment of behavioral factors.
What seo parameters can you get after testing: the number of pages in the Yandex and Google index, information about ICS, pagerank, traffic, presence of viruses, determining the uniqueness of the text and its nausea, Whois data, checking for filters, search visibility of the site, the number of external links, search for competitors and much more.
All these factors, one way or another, affect the position of your site. Therefore, we will tell you in more detail what are the important ranking indicators. Pay attention to these indicators.
The most important ranking indicators
- Domain age. The age of your domain affects your site’s organic rankings. The larger it is, the more confidence in your resource. The position in the search is also influenced by the history of the domain name.
- Domain registration duration. In other words, the lease term. If a search engine sees that you bought a domain name for three years, then you will be more credible than someone who bought it for a year.
- Inclusion of keys in the site address. Search engines bold keywords that appear in the site name. If you sell refrigerators in Moscow, then by choosing the name of the site holodilnik-moskva.ru, your rank will be higher. Don’t overuse this to avoid getting caught in the filters.
- Missing Title keys is the most common mistake. Do not forget that the content of the title Google and Yandex shows in the SERP (Search Engines Result Page). This means that you need to devote time to its correct composition and include keywords there, in addition, it should be attractive and readable, and not just a listing of the main keywords.
- The presence of a key in H1. The second most important factor after the title. Include a competitive query in H1 to raise the position of the resource, but it should not contain conversion words such as “buy”, “in Moscow”, “order”, etc.
- Optimization of your pages for specific key queries. And the more pages you have, the more potential for optimization. A typical one-page page can be optimized for 10-20 queries. A large online store in the thousands.
- Website loading speed. Google and Yandex statistics confirm that more than 30-40% of your traffic is lost when loading a site for more than 3 seconds. People just don’t want to wait and leave.
- Optimizing images and videos. If you need to insert a video or photo on the site, then optimize their parameters using software tools for web publishing.
- Content update and frequency of publications. The more often you update your content, the more often the search robot wants to check your site, and the better you get indexed.
- The length of the url. Search Engine Journal notes that URLs that are too long can harm the page’s relevance.
- Optimization for mobile devices. Due to the growing share of mobile traffic, the presence of a mobile version of the site is simply a must.
These are not all important ranking indicators. We will consider other existing parameters in the following articles. For now, try checking your resource using these tools:
Analyze your website or do a SEO analysis of competitors’ website promotion to find out their strengths and weaknesses.