Strategy seo site promotion
Any work without a plan is doomed to failure. According to statistics 93% of successful companies in the market planned their activities – i.e. had a strategy. And 100% of companies that planned their activities, noted an improvement in their results.
Strategic planning works do not skip site promotion. When you or your seo specialist get to work, a seo promotion strategy should be your (or his) handbook.
In this article we will talk about how to make a competent seo promotion strategy for your website.
What is a SEO strategy
SEO (Search Engine Optimization, search engine optimization) is a comprehensive development and promotion of a website to get it to the first positions in the results of search engines for the selected queries in order to increase attendance and further income.
A ceo strategy, then, is a plan to achieve some specific position in search for a certain period of time. The goal of this plan should be indicators:
- Measurable. Not just “increase traffic,” but “to get a stable 1000 visits per day.
- Achievable. Below we will talk about the specifics of promotion, namely – the time required for SEO to start working. You should not just set a goal, but also set an adequate time to achieve it. For example, a newly created website can not be promoted in search for 1 place in a month.
It should be understood that search engine optimization does not have a universal recipe for success. An individual approach to forming the right goals is needed for each type of site:
- A blog, an informational site or a forum. The owners of these sites aim to get the maximum number of visitors to their resource. For them, it is more appropriate. After all, they make money on advertising (usually).
- Online stores should work towards increasing the conversion of their sites. The site should not only like the search engines, but also users.
Be sure to take into account the age of the domain name. Older sites are easier to promote in search. They have already accumulated trust trust from search engines. Newcomers should wait until search engines have accumulated information about your resource and seo will take effect.
A big problem in developing a strategy will be not to consider the level of competition in your niche. Take, for example, the niche of selling home appliances. It is not difficult to notice that almost all the output in this niche is occupied by large companies and aggregator sites.
The current state of the site. If they were previously engaged and now need to maintain the results, the work will be less than to promote a new site from scratch or deal with the absolutely launched in terms of seo site. Let’s talk about this in detail.
Promotion strategy depending on age
Consider three situations: a young site and not promoted, the site is not young and not promoted and the site that has had negative experience in the promotion.
- A young site – promotion was not. Such sites are like blank canvases. And it is very good for promotion. The structure of the site is designed based on the collected semantic core, you can take into account the nuances and characteristics of CMS. The result of the work here can be obtained not earlier than six months of work. Do not wait to visit the new promoted site will be as active as the current TOP 1 in SERP. To promote such sites is recommended, moving from simple to complex. Start the promotion of low-frequency queries and move to the medium and high-frequency.
- The site is not young, but not promoted earlier. Such sites already have a reputation in the network, even in spite of the lack of promotion works. Promote such sites is much easier. The first thing to do – audit. The purpose of the audit – to identify points of growth to improve the position of the site. Based on the results of the audit has built a strategy to improve and optimize the resource.
- The site, having an unsuccessful experience of promotion. As in the previous case, the basic action will be to conduct an audit. It is extremely important in the analysis to find out the reasons why the promotion has not brought the necessary results.
Analysis of competitors and the collection of the semantic core
The more you know about them, the better you can build your work. Not for nothing they say that it is better to learn from other people’s mistakes. We have prepared a checklist for you to audit your competitors’ website:
- The appearance of the site. Observe how competitors’ sites look like – notice common details.
- The age of the domain (it may be that this is one of the decisive factors in reaching the top).
- The number of indexed pages.
- External optimization (number of links, donor sites, etc.).
- Internal optimization (meta tags, the presence of internal linking and other, duplicate pages, the occurrence of the keys in the text, the amount of text).
- Technical part (download speed, the presence or absence of a mobile version of the site).
- Commercial factors. The presence of forms for contact and order, filters to search the site, the presence of social proof.
Audit of your own site
This point is closely related to the previous one. The study of competitors, which you did before you need to do with your site. Now you know all the misses and successful solutions competitors. It’s time to apply it to their own project.
This includes everything that is responsible for the attractiveness of the resource for visitors and search robots.
- Optimization of the meta tags title, description, h1-h6. This is the first thing that should be optimized. Title – a meta tag that describes the overall content of the document. Try to reflect in it the meaning of your page. To do this, it is recommended to include multiple keywords (1-2, but no more).
- Description – has less impact on SEO results. But, search engines refer to it when forming a snippet (a brief description of the page in the search results).
- Headings h1-h6. With an overabundance of information, users no longer read texts – they “scan” them. Headings in different order greatly facilitates the perception of the text. In the headings is recommended to include less frequent keys
- Work with the content of the page. This includes determining the minimum amount of text, the density of occurrences of key words. The minimum volume of seo texts that are required by search engines: 800 characters for Yandex and 3000 for Google. Auditorium, on the contrary, prefers longer and more detailed articles. According to generalized data from Habrahabr, Geektimes and Spark.ru, the most read and “shared” articles were from 10 to 20 thousand characters. Such articles received on average 25% more views.
- Working with site content includes working with images and video content. First and foremost is its optimization for web publications. There are cases when people inserted a picture on the main screen weighing 10-12 megabytes, and the rest of the content was not “easier”. The total “weight” of the site when loaded up to 100 megabytes – no more than 3 seconds to load is out of the question. Here is a service for compressing images without loss of quality. Do not forget to inscribe Alt attributes when uploading an image to the site. He is needed for better interpretation of content search engine. For fast loading pages video content is easier to place, for example on YouTube (this will not take up precious disk space).
- Improving the quality of the page and increasing the accuracy of the page’s response to user requests. To do this it is important to define the functionality which is absolutely necessary on the page: calculator, forms, online consultant button or any other functionality which will make the page most convenient for a visitor.
- Internal relinking – distribution of page weight using links to other pages. This tool allows new pages to be indexed very quickly. Linking serves as a tool to keep visitors on the site, and this is very good for behavioral factors.
- Creating an XML sitemap. Site map makes indexing easier for search robots.
Bringing the addresses of pages on the site of a human-intelligible form. CNC or man-understandable URLs are an integral part of the convenience of visitors to the site. In a previous article we told you why you should use CNC when preparing the URL.
If in the past, external optimization was reduced to the purchase of links (though not always of high quality, today it’s not rolling. The process of building link mass (or in another link-building) today is no less important than inbound optimization. Collected for you a few relevant rules link building in the 2k19.
- Do not abuse the purchase of links. Moreover, if your site is very new, then completely abandon the purchased links.
- Catalogs are not dead. It’s just that there are so many “trash catalogs” on the Internet that it is very difficult to find something worthwhile. At the dawn of seo was popular service “placement in 1000 directories” (just like 1000 business chats on Telegram:)). Today it is better to be placed in 1, but a good one, than in 1000 “trash”.
- Place links to your resource in social networks. Such links are highly valued by search engines.
- Publish interesting content with the ability to share it on social networks. This is probably the best way to get links today. After guest blogging.
- Guest blogging means that you write an article for another person’s blog or site, and it makes a mark that the text is yours. Sometimes there is a mutual exchange of articles – a cross-promotion.
We recommend searching for “donors” by hand. So you can be sure of the result. Or use the service Miralinks. To buy a link through this service, you will need to write an article for its placement. The service has a list of mandatory requirements for the texts, so you can’t just shove just anyone.
Everything that influences the increase in conversion from visitors to customers (buyers) or subscribers. This is an important step in the seo promotion strategy. Here you will need knowledge in: design, usability, marketing, mailing lists and other areas. We have prepared several recommendations for increasing conversions:
- Color scheme. A maximum of 2-4 colors. Do not turn the site into an artist’s palette.
- Fonts. Ideally 1-2 different fonts. One for headings of all levels, the other for the main text. You can choose fonts with different styles, if you want to diversify the text design.
- Convenience, visibility and logical placement of feedback forms. Try to make the forms visible (contrasting with the background). Minimize the number of fields in the form (2-3 maximum, ideally – one). Excellent will be perceived form at the end of the sales page and placed on the right side of the screen. These conditions create the effect of completeness of the proposal.
- Provide visitors to the resource necessary information to make purchasing decisions (prices, delivery terms, turnaround time, reviews, cost calculation functionality and more). You can find out what your customers need to make a decision: on competitors’ sites, in competitors’ social networks, on forums where your products or services are discussed.
- If you sell a complex product or service (not mass consumption), it is more logical not to try to sell directly, but to make the goal of your site to collect contacts of visitors. You can use the collected contacts in email newsletters, where you will “warm up” your audience and get them ready to buy.
Commercial ranking factors
A weighty set of factors that influence the position of the site in the search engine. For this reason, they are often attempted to inflate. Lead to the site “motivated” (money) traffic, throwing a link to the page friends or large chats (supposedly to test the functionality) and other ways to use. Search engines are able to track these manipulations and may impose sanctions on the culprits. We will consider several ways to improve behavioral factors without using any kind of special tools or services.
- Optimize, develop and improve the mobile version of your site. More and more traffic and sales are coming from mobile devices. That means you need a sales page that looks presentable on mobile, loads easily and is comfortable to view. Despite this, there are still “heavy” pages in the top 10 that are not optimized for mobile devices. Visitors won’t stay on them for long.
- Improve your snippet. We have already mentioned that a snippet is a brief description of the page, which is placed below the title in the output. You can make it different from similar snippets of your competitors. You can do this by adding unique UTF-8 characters, photos of article authors or product rating stars.
- All of the above is designed to make traffic to the site most targeted and reduce the “bounce rate.” “Bounce rate” is the number of visitors to a page who left within the first 15 seconds of coming to it. “Bounce rate” is one of the most important ranking factors. Based on the number of “bouncers” can determine how relevant the content of the page ad, and how relevant the offer reaches the target audience on that page.
- Another indicator you can affect – the time that people spend on your site. The optimum time, which the search engines give you a “plus” – 40-60 seconds or more. Place bulky texts, videos, and important information for users to increase the time visitors spend on your site. Internal linking also has a positive effect on the duration of the user session.
The work doesn’t end there. Even if you have already done everything that provides for your site promotion strategy, then do not strive to relax. There is always the cherished level of conversion of 100%, you can always pump up your writing skills, improve the design and functionality of the resource. For you, we have collected the latest recommendations for 2019 in SEO:
- Still, the leader of recommendations – having a mobile version of the site.
- Switching from http protocol to https. With this protocol, you’ll be able to seamlessly accept payments from customers on the site and their personal information.
- Quality content sells better today. It makes much more sense today to gather people into newsletters than to sell head-on.
- Links are still relevant, only the method of working with them has changed.
- In promoting the best way to use low-frequency queries. They most accurately speak to the needs of your customers and the probability of purchase is much higher.
- The role of voice search is increasing. Voice search queries are becoming more specific.
- The seventh tip – the most important. Make sites for people. Have fun with your conversions!