The main goal pursued by companies that own accounts in social networks is to attract the maximum number of users to their page. How many followers will see the proposed information depends on the successful publication time. Therefore, it is important to choose the best time to publish posts when the majority of the audience is active, but at the same time the social network is not oversaturated with other publications.
The analytical agency Popsters conducted research on the dependence of the time of day and day of the week on user behavior on social networks. Based on the data from this study, it can be concluded at what time the publication efficiency will be highest. Research is only averages: to determine the best time to post a particular page, you need to experiment with the posting period and monitor subscriber activity.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Life hack: to automate the process of posting publications as needed, use services for delayed posting…
Best time to post on Instagram
The social network Instagram covers a predominantly female audience between the ages of 25 and 45. The range of interests of this audience: beauty, fashion, cinema, celebrity life, active and healthy lifestyle. Most often, users go to Instagram from their mobile devices.
The optimal time for posting largely depends on the target audience: young people and students visit Instagram all day long, and working users most often come to view the news at lunchtime or at the end of the working day. According to the schedule, the greatest activity occurs at 9 am, at lunchtime from 15 to 17 hours and in the evening from 19 to 21 hours… It is also worth noting that in the period from 9 am to 10 pm, the activity of Instagram users drops slightly.
Latergramme says it’s best to post content between 5 pm and 9 pm, when most people leave their jobs and head home. The smartphone is always at hand, so you can read the latest news.
Experts pay attention to the fact that in the evening the number of publications is significantly reduced, which increases the chances of reaching a large audience.
Analyzing the activity of followers by day of the week, we can draw the following conclusions:
- Entertainment content is most popular on Monday. Users start a new work week and do not want to overload themselves with unnecessary information.
- On Tuesday, you can post important and useful texts – subscribers have already joined the work rhythm.
- Wednesday is the perfect day to share your work. You can show a live broadcast or video from your workplace. Also, readers will be interested to learn about interesting promotions and projects in which you participate.
- Thursday is customer day. Show your followers satisfied customers and talk about your interaction with them.
- It is recommended to post light content on Friday that prepares users for the weekend.
- On weekends, we continue to share entertaining pictures and videos.
Read also: How to make an Instagram post according to all the rules
Recommendations for posting content on Instagram:
- photos can be posted daily at 12, 15, 17-18 or 21 hours. If it is not possible to post posts every day, then choose Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- video post after 8 pm on any day or weekend when subscribers have more free time (instructions: how to post a video on Instagram);
- live broadcasts are best done at the end of the week or in the evening. In the absence of such an opportunity, it is necessary to warn users in advance about the air time;
- if your page is popular all over the world, then when choosing a posting time do not forget about time zones.
Read also: How to promote Instagram yourself for free
When is it better to publish posts in VK
The active audience of users of the VKontakte social network is young people, schoolchildren, students and freelancers aged 13 to 34 years. VK users communicate, listen to music, post photos and read news in various communities.
The peak of activity of VKontakte users falls at lunchtime from 11 to 13 hours and in the evening from 17 to 23 hours.
In the first period of time, users prepare for their lunch break. Having put aside work affairs, they flip through the news feed, waiting for the long-awaited rest. At lunch, most people continue to “sit” on social networks.
In the second period of time, users have already returned from work and continue to monitor VK news, often moving to a computer.
Analyzing audience activity by day of the week, we can conclude that the best days for posting are weekends.
Related article: How to make a post on VK correctly
Recommendations for posting content on the VKontakte social network:
- morning – time for entertainment news, users wake up and start getting ready for work or school, they are not yet ready to receive information;
- lunch is a time for serious content that can contain numbers and analytics. People have already tuned in to the work rhythm and are ready for useful information. Post as often as possible until evening, alternate informative posts with entertaining ones;
- in the evening, it is recommended not to slow down the frequency of publications in order to reach the maximum audience. Leave the most interesting and important news for the evening. End your day with some nice wishes for your followers.
To more accurately determine the best time to publish posts in VK, taking into account the specifics of the audience, you must:
- Reveal your target audience;
- Analyze: which groups your users are subscribed to, at what time they are most active (like and write comments);
- Determine the time of rest for users, at this time it is worth posting only short news of an entertaining nature and funny pictures.
- Publish posts at non-standard times: at 12.20, 13.45, etc. During even peak hours of activity, a large number of publications are posted, which increases the risk of your news being lost.
It is interesting: VK Articles Editor Guide
When is the best time to post on Facebook
Facebook users are predominantly entrepreneurs, top managers, public figures, programmers, and creative people between the ages of 25 and 50. They are interested in news of business, politics and culture. This social network contains the majority of the professional audience that makes business contacts.
The best time to post is from 2 pm to 3 pm. Facebook is dominated by working users who, after lunch, want to read interesting news and comment on friends updates. Posts published at 13-14 o’clock collect a large number of reposts, if you need clicks – post news after 15:00.
User activity increases on Monday and Friday, because on Monday, users have not yet tuned in to the work week and spend time on social networks, and on Friday they are already preparing for the weekend.
According to research by HubSpot and Microsoft, the best publishing times are Thursday and Friday from 1pm to 3pm.
Instructions on the topic: How to post to Facebook
Recommendations for posting on Facebook:
- Pay attention to the specifics of your target audience (housewives can view the news at any time, and business people only during free hours).
- Study the statistics of visits to competitors’ pages depending on the time of day and day of the week.
- Publish news during periods of high user activity.
- Experiment with the posting time to find the best option, try posting information during a period of low audience activity. Perhaps during this time the amount of information is dwindling, and your audience is still online.
- Post news at the same time so your subscribers get used to the regularity of the posts.
- Experiment with posting days if you post multiple times a week.
It is interesting: What is the best time to upload videos to Tik-Tok
When is it better to publish posts on Odnoklassniki
The target audience of the Odnoklassniki social network is similar to the VKontakte audience, but older. “Odnoklassniki” are mostly visited by women who communicate and are looking for something interesting. Users do not like to read long posts: entertaining and humorous content, as well as short videos, are more interesting here.
The largest number of users log into the social network in the morning from 9 to 11, when they get to workplaces or places of study, in the afternoon from 15 to 17, when students and schoolchildren return home, and in the evening from 19 to 20 hours, when they come home working people. During periods of the highest audience activity, it is recommended to post posts at least twice a day.
Similarly to the social network Vkontakte, most people sit in Odnoklassniki on weekends. Recommendations for placing posts in Odnoklassniki are similar to the recommendations given for the VKontakte social network.
It is interesting: How to promote a group on Odnoklassniki
When is the best time to post videos on YouTube
The majority of YouTube users are people between the ages of 18 and 54, with 10% of the audience being children and adolescents between the ages of 12 and 17. Most often, men from 18 to 24 years old who are interested in cars, electronics, sports and computer games watch videos. The most active users are young people from 25 to 34 years old.
According to the site Frederator Networks, the maximum number of users gathers on YouTube from 2 pm to 4 pm from Monday to Wednesday, from 12 pm to 3 pm from Thursday to Friday and from 9 to 11 am on weekends. It is during this time that it is best to post videos on your channel. Thursday, Friday and Saturday are the days when videos get the most views and “likes”.
Instructions to help: How to upload videos to YouTube
Recommendations for posting videos on YouTube:
- determine the average age of your target audience. Schoolchildren are free after lunch, and working users watch videos most often in the evening;
- consider the difference in time zones if you want to reach the maximum audience around the world;
- post videos regularly at the same time, so subscribers will know when to go to the channel for a fresh video clip;
- follow the statistics of video views in order to adjust the time if necessary. The statistics can be viewed in the Creative Studio – YouTube analytics.
Read also: YouTube video ideas
Have you done research or experimentation to figure out the best times to post on your social media? Share your results in the comments!