On October 24, 2018, Facebook changes how Pixels work, which can be used to create custom audiences and retargeting.
The Facebook pixel can now access your site’s essential cookies, giving you even more control over your ads effectively. You can also choose how to use the pixel – for advertising and analytics, or just for analytics.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
How to set up a new Facebook pixel correctly
In order to customize the type of pixel on Facebook, go to your ad account in “Tools – Pixels” and select your pixel.
Next, open the “Settings” tab and click “Edit”.
Click the toggle to the on position next to Generic Cookie Sharing, then click Save Changes at the bottom.
Purpose of using a pixel
There are two pixel options:
- Advertising and analytics. This is the default. Enables the use of Facebook Analytics data as well as advertising features such as audiences, conversions, targeting and optimization.
- Analytics only. Collecting Facebook Analytics data for site analytics, but not for building audiences or campaigns.
What does this all mean?
In essence, cookies help track user behavior on the site, and by refusing to use them in the Facebook pixel, you prevent them from accessing this information. Therefore, you definitely need to enable them, just as mentioned above, be sure to inform the visitors of your resource that you are using cookies.
As for the choice of the type of pixel, of course, it is better to choose advertising and analytics.
Recall that recently Facebook started showing ads in Marketplace…
We publish the most relevant materials in our Telegram channel: https://t.me/postiumru/. Go ahead and subscribe – no ads, just pure benefit!