On any social network, it’s important to post content at the right time. Tik-Tok is no exception.
In the article, we will tell you what features of Tik-Tok affect the posting time and give some recommendations for choosing the most successful time.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Read also: How to promote a TikTok account from scratch
Features of Tik-Tok and its audience in terms of posting
What to consider when choosing the time of publication in Tik-Tok?
Age of audience + topic – for teenagers it is recommended to upload videos from 8 am to 5 pm (peak of activity – after 1 pm – 2 pm), for an adult audience – from 8 pm to 2 am + on weekends evenings.
Features of Tik-Tok user behavior… When choosing a time, it is important to remember that there are moments that distinguish TT from other social networks:
- Basically, Tik-Tok users scroll through the recommendations feed and look less often at their subscriptions. So it is much more important to get into the recommendations on time, and not just put the video. We advise you to read our material “How to get into Tik-Tok recommendations”.
- Previously, TT gave views in the first hour and the link to the publication time was more relevant than now. In May-June 2020, Tik-Tok changed its algorithms, now views are collected within a few hours – take this into account when uploading a video.
- Tik-Tok is a social network where people come to “get hooked”. The audience is most active in TT, when they have a lot of free time and can relax – after work / school and on weekends. If you post videos when the audience is going to work / study or during a lunch break, there may be no result, during this period the target audience has less time to watch social networks.
- When posting content during rush hour, keep the competition in mind, as you are not alone in finding the best time to publish content. You need to make sure that your video stands out from all the others. In this article, we have collected 10 applications for processing and editing video, in them you can find effects, filters and transitions that are not in the Tik-Tok editor, this will help you stand out.
Best time to post a video on Tik-Tok to get featured
Above, we gave general advice on choosing the best time for posting, but they do not give a 100% guarantee of success, because much depends on the specifics of your particular account.
To find the most successful time, you need to constantly study the behavior of your subscribers and analyze what content is being fired at what time.
We share our recommendations:
1. Study your account statistics Is the most reliable source of information. If you haven’t created a Pro account yet, it’s time to do it.
What metrics to pay attention to when analyzing statistics, when you need to choose a posting time:
Video Views in the Browse Tab… There is a scale of views by day, you can determine which day had the most views and compare this with the time the videos were published.
“Popular Clips” in the “Content” section… The videos with the most views are displayed here. Again, you can compare views with posting times and at the same time understand which videos were included in the recommendations and which were not.
Single video statistics (if you click on the video in the “Content” section). Here you can analyze each video in detail. If several videos were included in the recommendations, look at what time they were posted.
“Popular places” in the “Subscribers” section… Shows the geography of the audience, according to this metric, you can understand what time zone to adjust to when choosing a publication time.
“Subscriber activity” in the “Subscribers” section… The most important metric, which just shows the peak of activity of your target audience.
Analyzing statistics is something that you need to do regularly, not only to calculate a successful posting time, but also to plan future content, work on mistakes, and search for video ideas. How to view statistics and what metrics mean – read our material.
2. Geographical location – we take into account the time zone of the country from where you are most viewed.
Influencer Marketing Hub surveyed 100,000 Tik-Tok accounts around the world and found out what time of day content shows the highest engagement rates. Result in the table:
You can apply this information based on your audience’s time zone. For example, if you are mainly watched from Moscow, focus on Moscow time. If the account is designed for a Russian-speaking audience, it is better to plan time for a couple of time zones, since TT provides coverage throughout Russia.
3. Experiment. At the initial stage, this is necessary in order to calculate the time of the greatest activity of the target audience – post the first few videos at different times and check which one showed the best result. But do not forget that the coverage depends more on the video itself, so study the content comprehensively in order to understand what exactly influenced the coverage – the time or the content of the video, or maybe all together.
4. In order not to sit at the phone – plan your posting time in advance. Services that support auto-posting in TT will help here:
- Tiktoktool is a multifunctional service for promoting Tik-Tok accounts, deferred posting is just one of its functions. In addition to posting, a profile editor, registration of accounts, as well as mass activities – subscriptions / unsubscribes / likes are available.
- Onlypult – supports work with 12 services, including Tik-Tok. In addition to auto-posting, there is management of several accounts, collaboration (you can give employees access to accounts), competitor analysis, a constructor of multi-links and microlending pages, monitoring of brand mentions.
There are not so many services in Runet that support auto-posting in TT, you can use foreign ones – Loomly, Buffer, Socialpilot.
Look for the perfect time to publish content, conduct experiments, analyze statistics – all this will help in promoting your Tik-Tok account.
In addition, for success in this social network, an integrated approach is needed – in addition to posting videos at the right time, you need to correctly design your profile, choose a suitable promotion strategy, and conduct live broadcasts.