YouTube has updated its channel verification guidelines for creators.
Let’s consider how you can now apply for verification, what requirements you need to fulfill, and how to ultimately get a checkmark for your YouTube channel.
Recommended: Jesica is an Instagram promotion app (from the creators of Instaplus.me). Install Jesica on your Android phone or computer and the app will like, follow, and unsubscribe as if you were doing it yourself:
- No blocks. The limits work as if you were doing it all manually.
- Safely. You do not need to enter a password for your account.
- High speed. You can put up to 1000 likes and 500 subscriptions per day.
Try 5 days for free >>
Read also: How to make a YouTube channel header
How to get a checkmark of a verified YouTube channel
Confirming a YouTube channel consists of two main stages: submitting an application for confirmation and verifying the application.
Filing an application:
- To get a YouTube confirmation badge, you need at least 100k channel subscribers. However, if you are known outside of YouTube, then the platform can make an exception.
- Once you have 100k subscribers, you will need to fill out this form to apply for verification. If you don’t have 100 thousand subscribers, the form will not be available.
After you submit the form, YouTube will verify your application, for compliance with two key elements:
- “Channel authenticity”. The channel must be owned by whoever creates the content for it. YouTube may also request additional documentation or information to verify identity and channel rights.
- Channel decoration – the channel must be public and include a description, video and channel icon.
After meeting all the requirements, you will receive a verified YouTube channel badge. At the same time, verified authors do not have additional functions, tools and other advantages relative to other users.
Important: YouTube may remove the confirmation badge if it detects that a channel is impersonating a different person or company, or if the channel name has changed. In this case, you will need to reapply.
Earlier, YouTube added audience retention metrics to analytics, and also launched automatic “smart replies” to comments.
We publish the most relevant materials in our Telegram channel: https://t.me/postiumru/. Go ahead and subscribe – no ads, just pure benefit!