YouTube has added the Cut feature (Cut a fragment from the video), which will allow you to create shorts from fragments of other people’s videos.
The YouTube team talked about this and other updates on the Creator Insider channel.
- To use the Cut feature, open the desired video, click “Cut”
- Select the desired segment from 1 to 5 seconds.
- And then add that segment to your short video.
Note that your video will show a link to the original video.
Also, the YouTube team introduced two more updates:
- Unlimited Drafts – Previously, you could only save one draft.
- Shorts Green Screen – allows you to select up to 60 seconds of someone else’s video and use it as a background in Shorts.